Health and Safety
We need to bring to the attention of all members the impact of COVID-19 and last year’s Food and Health and Safety legislation changes. It is up to all of us to be responsible and this is even more important in our Lodge with the risks of flu, measles, fire, storms and eruptions (among other things). To help facilitate this we are holding nightly club safety sessions (approx 5 mins) during the winter season.
In addition there are new food preparation regulations which were introduced last year. These are mostly common sense (like everyone in the kitchen washes their hands) and while not too onerous will require more discipline.
To summarise the main points:
- All day trippers are to fill out the register that is kept at the front and downstairs entry (even if you are just popping in to grab your gear)
- We recommend that you use the NZ COVID Tracer App and scan the QR code available in the entry areas upon entry.
- Regularly disinfect surfaces, wash and dry hands, cough and sneeze into elbow, and don’t touch your face.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms stay at home and ring Healthline or your GP. You will not be allowed to stay in the Lodge.
- Only cooks in the kitchen, no phones in the kitchen, take the requisite food and fridge/freezer temperatures.